UFC 254 has began: The prelims are underway, and the principle occasion is imminent. With the exception of some stragglers, the fighters have made weight and we’re good to go. On the prime of the card is arguably the largest fight of 2020: A whole banger in each sense of the phrase. A light-weight unification contest between and .
From a types standpoint, it might be probably the most compelling match-up of the yr.
Learn extra at CBS Sports activities: UFC 254 stay updates
In a single nook we now have Nurmagomedov: Probably the most dominant champion in UFC historical past. With a file of 28-0, he is solely misplaced one spherical in his complete MMA profession — towards— and has dominated nearly each different second he is been within the octagon.
Within the different nook, presumably his nightmare match-up. Justin Gaethje is not only a technical brawler with concrete slabs for arms (and perhaps the most effective leg kicks in MMA) he is additionally a world class wrestler. The consensus is Gaethje has a greater probability than anybody to preserve this fight on the toes and out of Nurmagomedov’s consolation zone — who likes to take opponent down and wreck them with floor and pound until they’re sapped of life and vitality. If you need additional perception into this match-up, you possibly can’t do higher than Inside The Octagon with Dan Hardy. Nice present, nice perception.
If you need somewhat extra info on the fight and the backstory main up to the competition, I like to recommend UFC Countdown.
UFC 254’s undercard is fairly mild, except one fight: A middleweight contest between former champ Robert Whittaker and Jared Cannonier. That one might be an absolute banger so do not miss it. Whittaker is without doubt one of the greatest UFC middleweights ever and Cannonier has been a wrecking ball within the final couple of years. The winner will most probably face off towards present champ, so tune in.
How to watch UFC 254
This yr the UFC entered a brand new partnership with ESPN. That is nice information for the UFC and the enlargement of the game of MMA, however unhealthy information for shopper selection. Particularly in the event you’re one of many UFC followers who need to watch UFC stay within the US.
Within the US, if you’d like to understand how to watch UFC 254, you may solely discover the fight evening on PPV via ESPN Plus. The fee construction is a bit complicated, however listed here are the choices to watch UFC on ESPN, in accordance to ESPN’s website.
- Present yearly ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC fight for $65.
- Present month-to-month ESPN Plus subscribers might be ready to both improve to an annual plan and purchase UFC PPV for $85 or buy the power to watch the UFC occasion on PPV for $65 by itself.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers should purchase a bundle of 1 UFC PPV occasion (streaming in HD) and an ESPN Plus annual recurring subscription for $85. The ESPN Plus annual ESPN subscription will auto-renew after one yr, on the value of an ESPN Plus annual subscription on the time of auto-renewal.
You are able to do all the above on the hyperlink beneath.
MMA followers within the UK can watch UFC 254 solely via BT Sport. There are extra choices in the event you stay in Australia. You may watch UFC 254 via Fundamental Occasion on Foxtel. You may as well watch on the UFC web site or utilizing its app. You may even order utilizing your PlayStation 4 or utilizing the UFC app in your Xbox One.
It is a bizarre one. Usually UFC occasions have the identical start instances, this time spherical it is completely topsy turvy so pay shut consideration to the instances beneath. For these in different areas, the UFC has a terrific checklist of start instances.
- The principle card begins Oct. 24, 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT).
- The prelims start Oct. 24, 12 p.m. ET (9 a.m. PT).
- The early prelims start Oct. 24, 10.15 a.m. ET (7.15 a.m. PT).
- The principle card begins Oct. 24, 7 p.m. BST.
- The prelims start Oct. 24, 5 p.m. BST.
- The early prelims start Oct 24, 3.15 BST.
- The principle card begins Oct. 25, 5 a.m. AEDT.
- The prelims start Oct. 25, Three a.m. AEDT.
- The early prelims start Oct. 25, 1.15 a.m. AEDT.
This card is topic to change. We’ll attempt to preserve up to date as a lot as potential.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje,
- Robert Whittaker vs. Jared Cannonier
- Alexander Volkov vs. Walt Harris
- Jacob Malhoun vs. Phil Hawes
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lauren Murphy
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Stefan Struve vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Nathaniel Wooden vs. Casey Kenney
- Alex Oliveira vs. Shavkat Rahkmonov
- Da-un Ung vs. Sam Alvey
- Liana Jojua vs. Miranda Maverick
- Joel Alvarez vs. Alexander Yakovlev