The Interior Ministry has admitted that the variety of cybercrimes and complaints are growing day-to-day.
According to particulars submitted to the National Assembly, 50,505 complaints have been registered over the past 4 years out of which 11,389 complaints transformed into inquiries and 1071 Cases/FIRs have been registered until 30th September 2019. Moreover, 982 accused have been arrested in the above-mentioned Cases/FIRs.
It was additionally revealed that 1325 circumstances have been registered until 31st January 2020 after the enactment of the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act 2016.
Another 1103 circumstances have been reported from the yr 2007 earlier than the enactment of PECA 2016. In 546 circumstances, an entire challan has been submitted, for 435 circumstances an interim challan has been submitted and 344 circumstances are beneath investigation. The whole circumstances convicted beneath PECA 2016 is 14.
Currently, 131 common/non-development posts are working on the Cybercrime Wing of FIA out of which 83 officers/officers are working as common/everlasting staff and 33 are engaged on a contract foundation. Moreover, a PSCP funded venture titled “National Response Centre for Cyber Crimes (NR3C) Project Phase-III” received accredited in the CDWP assembly held on 19-03-2018 with 416 contractual posts. Up until now, 354 personnel have been recruited on a contract foundation.
The following steps have been taken by the federal government to stop cybercrime:
- Cybercrime Wing of FIA has proposed the enlargement of its wing by way of Phase-III of NR3C, which has been accredited.
- 10 new cybercrime reporting facilities have been notified on the following stations that are operational: Islamabad, Gujranwala, Faisalabad, Multan, Abbottabad, D.I Khan, Sukkur, Hyderabad, Gilgit, Gwadar.
- 407 Cybercrime Investigators, Forensic Experts, Technical Staff, and so forth., have been recruited.
- Up-gradation of present Digital Forensic Laboratories and Technical Investigation Tools to fulfill the rising challenges of the cyber world.
- Capacity constructing of Cyber Crime Investigators and Technical consultants is being ensured by imparting overseas and nationwide framings. Procurement of the most recent Investigation and Forensic devices for efficient cyber investigations is beneath course of.