In iOS 14, Apple pared down the Siri interface in order that it not takes over the entire of your iPhone‘s display screen once you concern a voice command or question. Instead, a small Siri orb pops up on the backside of the display screen with out obscuring what you are .
It’s not simply the interface that is been improved, although. Siri additionally picked up a number of new options, one among which is the power to report and ship audio messages to contacts.
When you ship an audio message utilizing the audio interface within the Messages app, the report audio choice solely seems when the meant recipient is an iMessage consumer. But Siri may also ship audio messages to Android telephones. The following steps present you the way it’s finished.
- Invoke Siri in your iPhone or iPad with the same old “Hey Siri” voice command or by way of a bodily button.
- Now say “Send an audio message to [contact’s name].” (If Siri is not sure which contact you are referring to, it can ask you to select one from a variety displayed on the display screen.)
- After Siri responds with “OK, recording,” say no matter it’s you need to embrace within the audio message. Siri will transcribe your speech in actual time on the backside of the display screen to present that it will possibly hear you clearly, and there does not seem to be a restrict to how lengthy you may report for.
- To finish the audio message, merely cease talking for a couple of seconds, and Siri will acknowledge that you simply’re completed.
- When you are finished, Siri shows the waveform of the recording on the display screen together with choices to Send, Cancel, and a play button to play it again to your self. At this level, Siri remains to be activated, so if you need you may simply ask to play it again, re-record the message, cancel, or ship.
If you open the Messages app, it’s best to see the recording present up in a dialog thread, indicating it has been despatched.
Note that audio messages are mechanically deleted after a few minutes except they’re saved, however you may change this default conduct and maintain them completely: In the Settings app, choose Messages -> Expire -> Never.
For extra particulars on iOS 14’s new compact interface and communication options, make certain to take a look at our iOS 14 roundup.
Discuss this text in our boards